Translate

Monday, March 11, 2013

Client Profile:

AMANDA HARRIGAN EMOTIVE HEALTH

Amanda Harrigan is a Life Coach for Emotive Health. We chat to her about her business and what has inspired her to help others.

BFL: What inspired you to start your business, Emotive Health?

Amanda: We all go through times in life where we don’t feel fulfilled or aren’t happy with our relationships, health, career, family or friends.

Sometimes we feel frustrated because life isn’t going the way we want it to. It feels like something is ‘missing’.

To know that I am able to help people during these times to make lasting and significant changes in their lives through sharing my story and the knowledge I have gained on my journey, gave me the inspiration to start Emotive Health. 


BFL: What advice do you give to your clients?

Amanda: If you want to change your life, you have to start with looking at what is happening on the inside. The quality of your life is a reflection of your own thoughts, feelings and beliefs.

The challenges you are experiencing and limiting beliefs you have about yourself are amazing opportunities for growth and learning.

When you transform these into new perspectives of thinking and feeling, you can release the baggage you have been carrying with you and move forward with a greater sense of certainty, presence and balance to live an empowered life.

BFL: Have you found that your life has helped develop your business?

Amanda: Absolutely! When I was 25 I suffered an injury that caused me to endure chronic and debilitating pain for the next 10 years. This injury affected me on every level - physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. It also impacted heavily on my relationships, my family, my career, my finances and my social life.

Having spent the last decade dedicated to learning everything I could about health and wellness, human behaviour and personal development to heal myself on every level and transform my life - I am now able to share this wealth of knowledge and education with my clients to assist them in empowering their lives.

My greatest adversity has become my greatest strength, and through this I can empathise and connect with my clients on a deeper level and give them the help and support they need to change their lives for the better.

I know it is my life's purpose and mission to make a difference in the lives of others through my business Emotive Health.

BFL: What do you believe is living a quality lifestyle?

Amanda: For me, this means having fulfilling relationships, being healthy and full of vitality in mind, body and soul and living a balanced life aligned with my highest values.

It’s getting out of bed every morning feeling inspired about my life and the day ahead because I get to do what I love, and make a difference in the lives of others.

BFL: Describe your perfect day?

Amanda: I wake up at 5.00am for meditation, pilates and a brisk walk along the beach. This is followed by a dip in the ocean which makes me feel alive and invigorated for the rest of the day.

Breakfast is at my favourite café on Cottesloe Beach and consists of fresh fruit, natural yoghurt and peppermint tea.

The majority of my day is spent seeing clients and helping them to create and live extraordinary lives. This doesn’t feel like work at all because I get to spend my day doing what I love and it is so rewarding!

After work, I head to the beach with a few of my closest friends to watch the magnificent sunset over the ocean. This is followed by a bite to eat at our favourite restaurant which serves the freshest seafood that I absolutely love.

By the time 9.00pm comes around I am home and getting ready for bed so I can get my beauty sleep for the next day.



Photography: Ryan North  Logo Design: Steph Adams Creative